200 Hour Yoga Teacher
• About the Training
This is comprehensive yoga training, based on the Iyengar and Ashtanga systems of yoga. For those taking the training to become teachers themselves, you will have a well-rounded foundation on which to teach mindful, balanced, safe, challenging, inspiring, and joyful classes. You will learn how to connect with your students and how to treat your students with kindness and care. For those that wish to deepen their knowledge of the ancient art of yoga for your practice and personal growth, you will have an introduction to the many branches of yoga that you can begin to delve into and begin a lifetime of svadhaya, self-study, one of the most important limbs of yoga.
This training in the Iyengar style will be alignment based and will incorporate the use of props and modifications as needed, so the practice is therapeutic. At the same time, it will also incorporate the vinyasa flow of the Ashtanga system. Anatomy, Sanskrit, Meditation, Pranayam, chanting, dharma, poetry, Ayurveda, doshas, chakras, bandhas, mindfulness training based on the Buddhist tradition, and an introduction to the ancient texts of yoga will all be components of the training. In addition, there will be segments on restorative yoga, yin yoga, yoga for pregnancy and post pregnancy. You will learn how to plan and lead classes in all of these modalities.
- $250.00 Prajna 200 hour TT Manual developed by Tias Little.
This manual is an invaluable tool not only for the training, but also for your future reference for teaching yoga. The manual has chants, poetry, excerpts of important ancient texts and stories. It also includes expertly drawn diagrams of dozens of poses (Asana). Each diagram shows the direction of movement of every body part within the Asana and lists ways to practice with use of props. It also includes various ways a teacher can give assists and adjustments for each Asana. It is a privilege to receive and one that very few students that do not work directly with Tias have.
• $500 non-refundable deposit or full payment is due at time of registration.
• No refunds or credits within 14 days of the start date.
• 100% attendance is mandatory and required to complete the training for Yoga Alliance 200 level certification.
• Upon graduation, you will qualify for Yoga Alliance RYT200 registration.
• Have a consistent yoga and meditation practice.
• Apply and be accepted to the 200 Hour Yoga Alliance certified Teacher Training & pay the deposit.
• Read the Subtle Body by Tias Little & The Tree of Yoga by BKS Iyengar
• Read other suggested texts prior, during and after training.
• Suggested and Required Books
Yoga of the Subtle Body, Tias Little*Required reading at your leisure prior to or during and after training:
Bhagavad Gita, Stephen Mitchell
Yoga Anatomy, Leslie Kaminoff
Somatics, Thomas Hanna
The Path to Holistic Health, The Definitive Illustrated Guide, BKS Iyengar
Light on the Yoga Sutras, BKS Iyengar or for a lighter option for the sutras, that is also good
Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Georg Feurstein*Optional, but highly recommended future reading:
Light on Yoga, BKS Iyengar
Light on Pranayam, BKS Iyengar